Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It’s Easy to Follow Up with Clients on Overdue Accounts with Credenza Pro

A couple of weeks ago I discovered how easy it is to use Credenza Pro’s Collection Assistant to help me follow up with my firm’s clients on matters that still have outstanding balances.
Last month as I received a couple of checks in payment of invoices that I’d sent out at the beginning of last month, I tracked the incoming payments in Credenza Pro. But I knew that I’d sent out invoices for more than a couple of accounts, which meant that I still had a couple of outstanding bills to collect on.

Not only did the Collection Assistant help me to send out reminder messages to clients who didn’t pay on time, it was a very effective way for me to obtain payment for those unpaid invoices! This was probably because as I was using Credenza to organize my email and calendar, enter time and expenses, as well as keep all of our client matter files in order, the Collection Assistant was never very far away to remind me to collect on our unpaid bills.

So in the Collection Assistant I decided to view all matters for which no payment was received in the last 30 days that had an outstanding balance of at least $0. Up popped a list of delinquent client matter files! Since it showed whether a payment was made at the last payment date or not, I could see just how overdue these payments were. That meant that I had outstanding balances that had remained unpaid for longer than just the most recent month. I knew I had to get busy now and remind these clients to pay our firm so that it could maintain a healthy cash flow.


With one click of my mouse I created late payment reminders for the outstanding client accounts, attaching the pertinent invoices for each. That’s a pretty direct way to remind my clients to pay their overdue accounts, and since I sent payment reminders twice in the last month to these clients with overdue accounts, they paid up. What a great way to reduce our outstanding accounts receivable!

I’ve found that Credenza Pro’s Collection Assistant is easy to access from various points while I’m carrying out my regular work. I can just click on it when I’m in the Billing view of the Billing module. Or else I can choose it right from the Credenza menu.

Using the Collection Assistant has proved to be the most effective way for me to collect on our delinquent accounts in a professional and easy way.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you. easy invoicing

    ReplyDelete