Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Organize Your Inbox

In last week’s A File Centric Outlook post, I mentioned that there is a way to set Credenza to automatically move messages out of my inbox into subfolders. This helps me to keep my inbox tidy so that I am better able to stay on top of my email. Of course I could always drag messages out to folders that I've created once I've dealt with it, but why not let Credenza do it for me?
I know my first question when I heard about this was ‘does Credenza know what to name the folders or do I have to specify each folder name?’ The answer is very simple and will save you precious time. Credenza creates a folder for each of your client files, and when you’re ready, moves the emails out of the inbox to the appropriate folder, so you don’t have to do anything!
This really cool feature is very helpful, especially when used to manage not only your incoming but outgoing email as well.

I have my Inbox Control set to move emails from my inbox to their associated folder if the message isn’t marked for follow-up, if it has been in my inbox for five days and if a time entry has been created. Since I have three different criteria set, each one of them must be met before Credenza will move an email. With these controls, I know that messages won’t go unattended and I know exactly where to find them if I need to reference them at a later date.
As I mentioned above, one major plus that Credenza offers is the ability to sort emails from your outbox. I feel like sent items are often overlooked. If you are a lawyer, accountant, or any business professional, you know that it is just as important to keep track of your outgoing messages.
When I want to review my communications for a specific project, all I have to do is go the folder Credenza created and voila! A list of all my received and sent emails.

You can also access all emails pertaining to a specific File - along with phone call details, appointments, tasks, time and expenses - directly from the File. It really is that easy to stay organized and track information in Credenza!

No comments:

Post a Comment